How to Stew with Ease - Beginner Cooking Tips - Circulon
Please help us to find bad videos. Broken or unappropriated video content?
Shop Circulon products: /
Get more recipes and tips on our Facebook:
Circulon demonstrates the best way to make a stew with this technique video.
How to: Make Stew
- Trim any excess meat, if necessary
- Rest mean at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Pat meat dry for better browning
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot, over medium high heat
- Add the first half of the meat to brown it (overcrowding the pot will cause the meat to steam rather than brown.)
- Add a small amount of salt and pepper to the meat, as it cooks.
- Frequently turn meat for even browning.
- After all the meat is browned and removed from the pot, add aromatics, such as onions, carrots and garlic.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Next, add the meat back into the pot with wine and broth, and any other ingredients called for in your recipe.
- Bring it to a simmer and cover the pot
- Cook the stew on the stove top or in the oven, as called for in your recipe, for about 90 minutes, until the meat is tender.
Connect with us for special offers, giveaways, discounts, recipes and more!