Please help us to find bad videos. Broken or unappropriated video content?
FULL RECIPE BELOW
Watch along with our chef as he shows you how to make homemade Scotch eggs in this online culinary class. This dish is a great way to have fun with different European cuisines.
SCOTCH EGGS RECIPE: /
8 large free-range eggs
2 eggs, beaten
1.5 lb sausage meat
1 small bunch of fresh chives
¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
1 tbsp ground English mustard
½ tbsp nutmeg
Freshly ground black pepper
6 oz white bread crumbs
½ cup mayo
1 tbsp ground mustard
1/2 lemon juiced
1. Put 8 eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 to 6 minutes, then transfer to a bowl of cold water. Once cooled, carefully peel them.
2. Put the sausage meat into another bowl with the herbs, nutmeg, mustard and pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together and divide into 8 balls.
3. Set up 3 plates for your breading station, one with a small hand full of flour, one with beaten eggs and the third with the breadcrumbs. Start by flouring your hands. In the palm of your hand, flatten the sausage ball into an oval shape patty. Roll a peeled egg into flour, then place in the middle of the patty. Gently shape the meat around the egg, molding it with your hands.
4. Roll the meat wrapped egg in the flour, shake off any excess, then dip into the beaten egg, followed by the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the oil in a deep pan or fryer to about 325°F. Carefully lower the eggs into the pan and cook for about 4 minutes, turning them very so often, until golden. Removed with a slotted spoon and drain in kitchen paper.
6. Combine mayo, ground mustard and lemon juice to make the dipping sauce.
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen?
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: /
STAY CONNECTED WITH US: